Join Us in Israel and Swim in Three Seas
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind travel itinerary with unique opportunities including swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea, as well as touring some of the rich biblical and archaeological history of the region. Major points of interest include sites in Israel’s three major cities of Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Jerusalem.
Suggested arrival by Tuesday, May 30 with activities planned through the evening of Tuesday, June 6. Suggested departure June 7.
- Participants agree to cover their own airline transportation to and from Israel, as well as hotel accommodations, some meals, travel insurance, and incidental costs. Most ground transportation, touring and dinners will be covered by American Friends of Rambam.
- Group transportation offered within Israel for all swim events including Swim from the Heart in the Haifa Bay, the Sea of Galilee, and the Dead Sea, including a visit to the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Recommended hotels will be in Tel Aviv (May 30 to June 1) and Haifa (June 1 to your departure). There is also no better way to start your day than with a world-famous Israeli breakfast.
- Airport transportation in Israel can be coordinated through American Friends of Rambam.
- See why we swim. Participants will tour Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa, including the research laboratory of world-renown cardiovascular and stem cell scientist Lior Gepstein, MD, and the world’s largest fortified underground emergency hospital.
- On the evening of June 6, attend as Rambam’s guest its annual Summit gala evening celebrating a year of accomplishments and honoring distinguished recipients of the 2017 Rambam Award. Honorees include Jeffrey M. Drazen, MD, Editor-in-Chief, The New England Journal of Medicine; Richard Horton (FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSci), Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet; Dr. Harvey and Mrs. Gloria Kaylie, Founder and President, Mini-Circuits; and Ambassador Dennis B. Ross, Counselor, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, and US Middle East Envoy (1992-2000). During the day The Kidney: Genetics and Beyond, will be the focus of the Summit’s Health of Tomorrow scientific conference.
TRAVEL ITINERARY OVERVIEW
More information to be provided to participants. Subject to change.
Tuesday, May 30 – Suggested arrival to Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Suggested hotel accommodations are at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel Aviv, and room reservations and associated costs are the responsibility of the participant. Room reservations can be made directly with the hotel at 011 972 3-519-0190. Depending on the number of participants, a group discount may apply (participants will be notified). Suggested hotel dates are between May 30 to June 1 (morning check out).
Wednesday, May 31 – The day will begin with a swim in the warm waters of the Mediterranean along the world-famous Tel Aviv coastline. Enjoy a walking tour of the city of Tel Aviv in the afternoon. In the evening enjoy a hosted, kick-off dinner and experience Israeli cuisine and culture.
Thursday, June 1 – Morning touring in Tel Aviv. Complimentary transportation to Haifa, including afternoon visit to the picturesque Baha’i Gardens. Check-in to the Dan Carmel Hotel, followed by an early evening Swim from the Heart reception.
Suggested hotel accommodations are at the Dan Carmel Hotel in Haifa, and room reservations and associated costs are the responsibility of the participant. Room reservations can be made directly by calling the hotel at 011 972 4-830-3030. Depending on the number of participants, a group discount may apply (participants will be notified).
Friday, June 2 – Early to rise for the big day! Complimentary transportation provided for Swim from the Heart participants. Free-time in the afternoon. Hosted dinner at the Dan Carmel Hotel.
Saturday, June 3 – Complimentary transportation north to the Galilee to swim in this historic sea and tour archaeological sites of religious interest. In the evening enjoy a hosted dinner and experience the distinctive flavor of the north of Israel.
Sunday, June 4 – Complimentary transportation to tour the Old City of Jerusalem, followed by a visit to the Dead Sea, Earth’s lowest elevation on land. Entrance to the beach, use of spa and dinner offered at $50 per person.
Monday, June 5 – See why we swim. Complimentary transportation to Rambam Health Care Campus for a tour, including Rambam’s stem cell lab for SCD research, as well as the world’s largest fortified underground emergency hospital. Dinner in Haifa.
Tuesday, June 6 – Complimentary transportation to Rambam Health Care Campus to participate in select activities during Rambam’s Annual Scientific Summit, including its gala evening.
Wednesday, June 7 – Shalom and farewell. Suggested departure or additional touring can be arranged. Transportation to the airport can be coordinated through American Friends of Rambam.