Join Us in Israel for a Leadership Mission, Swim from the Heart, and the Annual Rambam Summit
Celebrating the State of Israel’s 70th Birthday and Rambam’s 80th Anniversary
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind travel itinerary with unique opportunities including swimming in the Mediterranean Sea and the Sea of Galilee and floating in the world-renown Dead Sea. You will tour some of the rich biblical and archaeological history of the region. Major points of interest include sites in Israel’s three major cities including Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and Haifa.
Suggested arrival by Monday, May 21 (Labor Day) with activities planned through the evening of Tuesday, May 30. Suggested departure May 31.
- Participants agree to cover their own airline transportation to and from Israel, as well as hotel accommodations, some meals, travel insurance, and incidental costs. Most ground transportation, touring and dinners will be covered by American Friends of Rambam.
- Group transportation offered within Israel for all water events including Swim from the Heart in the Haifa Bay, the Sea of Galilee, and the Dead Sea, including visits to the cities of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Haifa.
- Recommended hotels will be at the Mount Zion Boutique Hotel in Jerusalem (May 21 – depart 24) and the Dan Carmel Hotel in Haifa (May 24 – depart May 30).
- Airport transportation in Israel can be coordinated through American Friends of Rambam.
- See why we swim. Participants will tour Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa, including the research laboratory of world-renown cardiovascular and stem cell scientist Lior Gepstein, MD, and the world’s largest fortified underground emergency hospital.
- On the evening of May 29, attend as Rambam’s guest its annual gala and 80th-anniversary celebration.
TRAVEL ITINERARY OVERVIEW
Please contact Sari Arshadnia, Director, Western Region of American Friends of Rambam at + 1 (424) 240-8083 or at Sari@aforam.org for more information about registration, travel arrangements, and pricing.
Monday, May 21 – Suggested arrival to Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Travel to Jerusalem and check in at the Mount Zion Boutique Hotel.
Tuesday, May 22 – The day will begin with an official welcome breakfast at the Mount Zion Boutique Hotel in Jerusalem. You will then enjoy a VIP tour of Israel’s capital city, including:
- The ancient capital of Jerusalem, known as the City of David
- The Western Wall tunnels
- The Old City of Jerusalem including the alleys of the Old Arab Bazaar, the hustle and bustle of the Jewish Quarter, the Christian Quarter and Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and an overview of the Temple Mount
- Dinner and wine tasting with a guest speaker
- Overnight in Jerusalem
Wednesday, May 23 – A Day of History and Archeology
- Travel to the ancient desert fortress of Masada
- Lunch and float in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea, Earth’s lowest elevation on land
- Travel to Ein Gedi, Israel’s largest oasis, to see the hidden waterfalls in the nature reserve
- Return to the hotel and enjoy an evening exploring on your own
- Overnight in Jerusalem
Thursday, May 24 – Tour of the Mediterranean Coastline
- Breakfast and check-out
- Travel to Tel Aviv for a swim and visit one of the city’s well-known museums
- Track 1: Travel to Netanya to visit Water World for a private swim session with world-renown swim coach Ori Sela
- Track 2: Visit the Atlit Detention Center used for imprisonment of illegal Jewish immigrants, captured after struggling against the British, while trying to enter the Land of Israel
- Travel to Haifa; check into the Dan Carmel Hotel, Haifa
- Welcome dinner sponsored by the City of Haifa
Friday, May 25 – Early to rise for the big day! Swim from the Heart and more…
- Transportation provided for ‘Swim from the Heart’ participants and volunteers
- Enjoy a celebratory meal afterward
- Afternoon tour of the Baha’i Gardens
- Traditional “Shabbat” Dinner at the Dan Carmel Hotel and a guest speaker
Saturday, May 26 – The Spiritual Roots of the Galilee
- Track 1: Visit Christian and Jewish biblical sites in the Galilee region, including a swim in the Galilee, also known as Lake Kinneret, includes lunch
- Track 2: Day of leisure at the hotel with Rambam guest speakers who will discuss medicine in the 21st century
- In the evening, participate in a delicious and elegant wine tasting, featuring the best Israeli wineries, and take part in a beautiful “havdalah” ceremony that marks the end of the Jewish Shabbat.
- Overnight in Haifa
Sunday, May 27 – The North and the Golan Heights
- Travel to Kibbutz Gesher HaZiv/ Nahariya and meet with residents about life along the Lebanese border
- Jeep ride to Mt. Bental for an overview of Israel’s border with Syria and update on the Syrian civil war
- Visit the IDF field hospital along the Syrian border and hear from the IDF Northern Command
- Travel back to Haifa
- Rambam Summit welcome reception
- Overnight in Haifa
Monday, May 28 – See why we swim during Rambam’s Annual Scientific Summit
- Complimentary transportation to Rambam Health Care Campus for a tour, including Rambam’s stem cell lab for SCD research, as well as the world’s largest fortified underground emergency hospital. Dinner in Haifa.
Tuesday, May 29 – Captivating speakers, memorable experiences and a celebration worthy of a 70th anniversary!
- Visit Rambam Health Care Campus to participate in select activities during Rambam’s Annual Scientific Summit, including its gala evening celebration marking its 70th anniversary. A day and night not to be missed!
Wednesday, May 30 – Shalom and farewell
- Suggested departure or additional touring can be arranged. Transportation to the airport can be coordinated through American Friends of Rambam.