- Foremost Academic Medical Campus: A 1,000-bed teaching hospital staffed by over 4,000 physicians, nurses, researchers, and allied caregivers, Rambam is Northern Israel’s largest hospital, a tertiary referral center for eleven district hospitals, and provider of specialized care for a population of over 2 million people. Our patients benefit from advanced surgical departments in all specialties and subspecialties, and our medical center is appreciated worldwide for exemplary, export-quality hospital-management and emergency medicine practices.
- Provider of Medical Excellence For All Social and Ethnic Groups: Rambam’s patients benefit from 20 state-of-the-art Centers of Excellence internationally esteemed for medical expertise and innovations. Among these are a Cardiovascular Health Center; Women’s Health Center, which includes the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Unit; Hematology Center and Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Unit; and Oncology Center, one of Israel’s largest, featuring advanced Inpatient and Outpatient Chemotherapy Units and a Radiotherapy Unit equipped with four linear accelerators.
- Source of Tender Loving Care by Healthcare Teams: Patients receive devoted, loving and compassionate care from Rambam nurses, physicians and allied healthcare professionals. Generations of healthcare professionals at Rambam have been nurtured in this work ethic, in which the patient is placed in the center of the healing process and embraced by love.
- Educator of Future Medical Professionals: In affiliation with the Technion’s Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and the University of Haifa’s Department of Nursing and School of Public Health, Rambam educates future physicians, nurses and allied healthcare professionals. The span of trainees ranges from students to residents and fellows in all disciplines, and the presence of trainees from all cultures and religions is a natural part of the campus scene.
- Expert Practitioner of Trauma Medicine: Ranked as one of the world’s best level-1 trauma centers, Rambam cares for accident victims in peacetime, injured soldiers and civilians in wartime, and mass-trauma casualties due to terrorism.
- National-Security Resource For the State and People of Israel: In all of Israel’s wars, Rambam has cared for the civilians of Northern Israel’s Home Front and the soldiers of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Northern Command. During the Second Lebanon War, Rambam found itself in the direct line of fire, withstanding nearly 60 missile attacks over 33 days. During that period, our Emergency Department admitted approximately 7,000 patients, among them 850 soldiers and civilians injured by missiles. The by-now widely disseminated story of Rambam under fire has been published in professional literature and the world press and has become a teaching lesson for hospital-leadership bodies worldwide.
- Hub for World-Changing Medical Research: R&D aimed at better understanding and treating disease is part of daily working life on campus, where world-class physicians and scientists from Rambam Health Care Campus and the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine collaborate on the development of cutting-edge medical methods and products. Moreover, during the past fifteen years, Rambam has nurtured strong working relationships with medical technology and pharmaceutical companies, which have contributed to stem-cell and population-genetics discoveries and the invention of interventional-device technologies.
- Technological Innovator in Collaboration With Industry: Rambam’s collaborations with the Technion’s Faculties of Medicine, Engineering and Biomedical Engineering and more than half a dozen biomedical technology companies, among them General Electric Medical Systems, have enabled us to incubate — and equip our medical center with — such high-tech, high-performance diagnostic and therapeutic tools as stents and robotics, which are used for electrical mapping of the heart and cardiovascular interventions, and such advanced imaging modalities as ultrasound, digital radiology, and CT, MRI, CT-PET and other nuclear-medical scanners.
- Bridge for Middle-East Regional Peace: Rambam’s diverse patient constituency includes Jews, Christians, Muslims, Bahá’is, Druze and Ahmadis; our Muslim and Jewish doctors and nurses work side-by-side to heal the sick, repair the wounded, and palliate human suffering. Moreover, our Middle-East outreach program includes providing sick children from Gaza, the West Bank and neighboring countries with medical treatment unavailable to them at home; cooperating with and providing advanced training to medical professionals from the Palestinian Authority, Jordan and elsewhere; and participating in regional scientific exchange.
Rambam Health Care Campus (RHCC) is located in Haifa, Israel’s largest port city and third largest metropolis, whose inhabitants exemplify good-neighborly and collegial relations between Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze and Bahai’s. The campus is an extraordinary workplace combining 3 world-class facilities on one site — Rambam Health Care Campus and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology’s Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences. Inaugurated by High Commissioner of Palestine Sir Harold MacMichael as the British Government Hospital of Haifa, the facility opened its doors in 1938 with 225 beds. With the Declaration of the State of Israel in 1948, it was renamed after the illustrious medieval philosopher, scholar and physician Rabbi Moshe Ben Maimon (Maimonides or the RAMBAM), by whose example of professionalism and deep respect for cultural and religious diversity RHCC is guided. Rambam is one of very few academic medical hubs in the world that concentrates the following nine aspects of organizational culture in one place, on one comprehensive campus: