Now is the time. Rambam is the place.
Friends of Rambam like you can stay up to date on the latest developments in healthcare and innovation, through a wealth of exciting and useful information and opportunities.
Rambam On Call
Rambam’s bi-annual popular health magazine, features breaking news, tips for healthy living, and highlights of events with our friends around the world.
Rambam Maimonides Medical Journal
A peer-reviewed publication where physicians and scientists from around the world publish notable biomedical research.
at the Rambam Summit
Participants at the annual Rambam Summit are treated to an insider’s look into the cutting edge of medical research from world leaders. Check out our plans for the next Summit.
Throughout the year Rambam welcomes delegations and individual visitors interested in seeing first-hand the fulfillment of its ambitious vision. American Friends of Rambam encourages you to experience the excitement for yourself and to appreciate how quickly Rambam is becoming one of the leading hospitals and research centers in the world.
Late spring is also an excellent opportunity to plan a trip to Israel to attend the annual Rambam Summit. At this time of year, Rambam rolls out the red carpet for its friends from around the world, with an unforgettable program of exciting events and tours.
To arrange a visit, please contact American Friends of Rambam at (212) 292-4499.
The Rambam Summit Experience
2021 Date to be Determined
What You Can Expect
The Rambam Summit extends a red carpet to its friends from around the world, with an exciting and event-packed program of riveting insider tours, a conference where world-leading researchers explain the latest trends in medicine, and a gala celebration.
Attending the Rambam Summit is an extraordinary opportunity to appreciate…
- Rambam’s contribution to Israel as a start-up nation
- Rambam’s role in war and peace
- A gala evening celebrating As always, the Summit will include a gala evening and presentation of the Rambam Award to outstanding individuals whose contributions to science and humanity have impacted Rambam, Israel, and the world!
The Rambam Award
With its prestigious Rambam Award, Rambam honors outstanding individuals who have made an exceptional contribution to medicine, science, technology, leadership, and humanity, and who exhibit extraordinary passion, caring and special generosity to the State of Israel.
Previous Rambam Award recipients include Former Prime Minister and Head of State Shimon Peresz”l, Prof. Mary-Claire King, Meri and Sol Barer, Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks, and Joan and Sanford Weill. Learn more about past honorees
For more information about the 2021 Summit, please contact American Friends of Rambam at (212) 292-4499.
The Department of International Medicine at Rambam Health Care Campus offers the latest in modern and technologically advanced medical procedures. Thousands of patients worldwide apply online to the department each year. Patients visit for a wide variety of consultations and treatments provided by Rambam’s top specialists.
International Medical Services at Rambam
Why Should You Apply for Medical Treatment via Rambam’s Department of International Medicine?
- Patients are treated by leading specialists in every area of health care.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities ensure a high standard of diagnostics and treatment.
- A multilingual staff is available at your service. A personal coordinator is assigned to each patient and guides them through the treatment process.
- The Department of International Medicine offers comprehensive service, including assistance with logistical arrangements such as transportation, hotel accommodations, and travel visas.
Rambam’s Action Plan
- You provide the information needed to begin the process of a medical consultation. To get started, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and the type of service you are interested in receiving. In the subject line include “International Medicine.”
- A medical consultant will review the information provided by you and then contact you by phone or by e-mail.
- Rambam may ask you to provide additional documentation (medical records, laboratory tests, etc.) so that we can thoroughly assess your medical condition and provide you with a cost estimate for your required treatment/consultation.
- A medical specialist will develop a personalized examination and treatment program for your specific condition.
- You will be provided with all medical documentation upon completion of your medical treatment/consultation.
- After returning to home, your personal coordinator will follow up regarding your medical condition.
Rambam looks forward to receiving your application.
The Department of International Medicine can be contacted by phone, fax, or email:
Phone: +972 (4) 7771186
Fax: +972 (4) 7771650
If you need additional assistance, please contact American Friends of Rambam at (212) 292-4499.
HOST AN EVENT
There are many ways to help raise awareness about Rambam Health Care Campus, and to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in Israel. Consider hosting an event at your home, place of worship, or club, with a visiting Rambam physician. We invite you to be our valued partner in sharing inspiration and knowledge about how Israeli ingenuity is shaping medicine on a regional and global level.
We welcome you to contact the American Friends of Rambam office at (212) 292-4499 for more information and to share your event ideas.
American Friends of Rambam hosts events around the country to honor Rambam’s achievements and its supporters.
Special Events in 2018
More than 200 guests attended the American Friends of Rambam Medical Center Gala on April 26 in New York. The event honored the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust for its generous support of the new Helmsley Health Discovery Tower that is being established in Haifa on the Rambam Campus. Also honored was Prof. Hedvig Hricak, MD, Chair, Dept of Radiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering who received the Inaugural Scientific Achievement Award for her important contributions to advancing quality health care along with her service on Rambam’s International Advisory Board.
Providing an ideal environment for medical research, discovery, and innovation, the Helmsley Health Discovery Tower will be a hub to foster novel ideas for the transformation of health care at the local, national, and global levels. The Helmsley Health Discovery Tower will enable unique collaboration between University of Haifa, Rambam Health Care Campus, and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, and will support strategic partnerships with the medical device, pharmaceutical, and information technology industries.
Professor Rafi Beyar, Director, Rambam Health Care Campus, said, “On behalf of Rambam Health Care Campus, I want to express our great appreciation to the Helmsley Charitable Trust for its extraordinary contribution. The Health Discovery Tower, with its unique combination of medicine, technology, and humanitarian values, will be the cornerstone of our vision moving forward, enabling us to help not only the people of Israel but to impart critical knowledge across the globe. Together with our academic partners, we view this as a landmark project, one that will secure Rambam’s place as a worldwide leader in medical research and health care.”
In one of the most moving moments of the evening, Shani Biton thanked Rambam for the care it gave to her teenage daughter, Sofia, who was critically ill with a rare and deadly virus called La Crosse, contracted via a mosquito bite during a camp stay in the U.S. Shani described the incredibly warm and pluralistic atmosphere at Rambam where her daughter was tended to by Jews, Christians and Muslims and treated “as if she were their own child.” Shani also reminded the crowd that the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where Shani recovered, is also a bomb and chemical weapons shelter. “You are here tonight because you understand the critical and strategic nature of Rambam Hospital. I am here because I owe Rambam my heart as you gave us back our Sofia.”
Added Richard Hirschhaut, CEO of Americans Friends of Rambam Medical Center, “Shani Biton’s words epitomize the unique strength of Rambam as a place of healing and humanity as well as a cornerstone of Israel’s national defense.”
Special Events in 2017
Special Events in 2016
For more information about events in your area, please contact American Friends of Rambam at (212) 292-4499 or Like our Facebook page for regional updates.